The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) is the national regulator of business entities, public accountants and corporate service providers in Singapore. ACRA is responsible to establish and administer a repository of documents and information relating to business entities, public accountants and corporate service providers and to provide access to the public to such documents and information. All Singapore incorporated companies are required to file financial statements with ACRA, except for those which are exempted. Some companies will file a full set of financial statements in XBRL format, while some others will file only salient financial data in XBRL format and a full set of financial statements in PDF. The filing requirements depend on the type of company you own.
Beneficiaries of XBRL data:
- Greater transparency through ease of analysis of the regulated entities filings
- Increase data accuracy
- Dramatically reduced the time to process filings from weeks to days
- Rise in analyst productivity
- Validate and review data much more efficiently and usefully than they have hitherto been able to do.
- Cost savings in preparation, report creation, analysis. High flexibility through the use of dashboard based business rules. This leads to significant savings in man hours and lead time in compliance and consolidation
- Faster availability of data into standard reports
- Extracts data from accounting packages and makes it standardized and portable
- Provides a common framework of definitions
- Easy data handling due to standardization and automation, centralization of delivery
- A pioneering status among enterprises in the use of XBRL. Image enhancement in the marketplace through Increase of quality and consistency of data
- Automate financial statements handling, cutting out time-consuming and costly collation and re-entry of information.
- Accurate and Quality Data
- Facilitates audit trail
Equity Analyst/Investment Banker/Credit Analyst/Investors:
- Easier access to financial data
- Easier analysis and comparison of financial data
- Utilizing a publicly available XBRL database of Risk Return filings or prospectuses, could easily, in a matter of minutes, identify funds for review based upon fund type, return history and expense information
- Simplify the selection and comparison of data, and deepen their company analysis
- Time required for analysis, validation and arranging financial information according to the needs is greatly reduced.
Please also check the following related matters: